My Yoga, Art and Nature on Haida Gwaii Retreat Collaborator + Yoga Erin Elizabeth!💓🙏
I don't think this passion project would bloom without you! Haaw'a Erin! 🙌🌹
She is a lover of wild spaces and curious minds. She has been able to explore both while building a life as an educator and yoga teacher on the sacred and traditional territory of the Haida. Yoga found her while she was following her heart. The profound healing it has catalyzed for her illuminated her passion for holding space for others while they develop or deepen their relationship to the practice. She truly believes that yoga is a path to cultivate peace in the world.
#yoga #art #nature #retreat #haidagwaii Destination British Columbia #canada
Photo Captured at Pure Lake on Haida Gwaii, BC Canada
A dear friend asked if I can share my Yoga practice:
So in light of the New Moon in Sagitarius...
I light a Coco by Rose Yoga
I close my eyes and give thanks:
Gratitude to my mind, body, family and friends.
Near and Far.
Past, Present and Future.
Gratitude to my ancestors and guides who have gone and passed.
Gratitude to nature, yoga and art creations!
I move to...
Child's Pose...for 5 minutes I am Here.
In Table Top I move
that is holding me.
I let her go to
Cat and Cow poses
I lift my gaze and round my spine
Then Downward Facing Dog for a minute.
I stare directly at my toes
wide open spaces in between
and legs so strong and grounded.
I step forward to the top
of this Yoga mat.
In Forward Fold I stayed.
On the Way to Half Way lift,
I check in
and slowly fold.
I Circle the Arms up and bring the Palms together
to the heart.
I stand tall
in Mountain Pose
and rest my right hand on the heart
and left hand on the belly...
For allowing me to feel and hear You.
I Circle the Arms Up
and dive forward.
I Flow and Salute the Sun.
16) Inhale Half way Lift
17) Exhale right foot steps back
18) Right knee down
19) Circle the Arms up
20) Hands at the top of your Yoga Mat
21) Downward Facing Dog
22) Right Leg Up (Three Legged Downward Facing Dog)
23) Right Foot steps forward (use your core - step it forward softly)
24) Left knee down
25) Circle the Arms up
26) Step the left foot forward to Forward Fold
27) Circle the Arms up
28) Exhale the Palms down to heart
29) Circle the Arms up
30) Swan dive forward
31) Half way Lift
32) Exhale Left Foot steps back
33) Left knee down
34) Circle the Arms up
35) Hands down to Downward Facing Dog
36) Lift your Left Leg Up (Three Legged Downward Facing Dog)
37) Left Foot steps forward (use your core - step it forward softly)
38) Right knee down
39) Circle the Arms up
40) Step the right foot forward to Forward Fold
41) Circle the Arms up
42) Exhale the Palms down to heart
43) Circle the Arms up/Exhale down then Repeat from 16 - 42
44) Inhale the Arms up
45) Sit down to Powerful Pose
46) Prayer's Twist to the Left 1 minute
47) Prayer's Twist to the Right 1 minute
48) Forward Fold
49) Half Way Lift
50) Right foot back then Left foot back to High Plank
51) Bend your elbows to Low Plank all the way down
52) Inhale to Baby Cobra or Upward Facing Dog
53) Exhale to Downward Facing Dog
54) Lift the Left Leg Up
55) Exhale and Tap your Left knee to your Left Upper Arm
56) Inhale Lift your Left leg up
57) Exhale and Tap your Left knee to your Right Upper Arm
58) Inhale Lift your Left leg up
59) Exhale and tap your knee to your nose
60) Bring your Left foot down in between your palms
61) Inhale Arms up
62) Web your fingers and place it on the back of your head
63) Press your Left Foot Down and lift your right heal to Runner's Lunge
63) Elbows pointed out and back bend while in Runner's Lunge (7 slow breaths)
63) Move to Warrior 3 (Arms Reaching Forward, Strong Core, Point the Right Toes back)
64) Press your Left Foot and Balance (7 breaths)
65) Exhale to Runner's Lunge and Transition to Warrior 2
66) Move the Arms to Peaceful Warrior (7 breaths)
67) Warrior 2
68) Triangle Pose (7 breaths)
69) Crescent Moon (7 breaths)
70) Standing Split (7 breaths in and out)
71) High Plank
71) Low Plank
72) Upward Facing Dog
73) Downward Facing Dog
74) Repeat to Right side 55 -73
75) Move to High Plank then Low Plank all the way down to the Yoga mat
76) Locust Pose (7 breaths)
77) Bow Pose (22 breaths)
78) Move to Table Top (7 breaths)
79) Camel Pose (33 breaths)
80) Downward Dog to Pigeon Pose (Right and Left Side 33 breaths)
81) Lie Down to Happy Baby (22 breaths)
82) Butterfly Pose (11 breaths)
83) Reclining Spinal Twists (Right and Left Side 22 breaths)
for 15 minutes
for 15 minutes
I stare at the Flame
for 15 minutes
I reach for my Coco by Rose Yoga
Make a Wish...
Hold the Breath
Breathe In deeply
Then Blow Out the Candles!
Gratitude for this time to be one with Mind, Body and Soul.
From my Heart to Yours and My Fire to Yours...
Peace Out and Namaste
Poetry by Rose
Photo Taken 2014 in British Columbia
Rose Yoga and Friends Retreat x Ellie + Gillian + Gloria
When you see an image
one looks at the structure
the way a body moves
the stillness of a mountain
the flight of a chickadee
the clouds disappering into a clear blue sky.
every image relies on what you see.
We capture what we see.
We witness the outer layer.
Unless we give our full attention...then we suddenly experience something different.
there is an opening you see
for a deeper connection...for a glimpse or for a second or for a hot minute
An Unfolding begins.
A sense of oneness unravel right before our eyes.
Then poof it's gone!
by Rose Cortez
One early morning before sunrise...
I saw this Wild Rose Waning.
I picked her up,
Took her out of the plastic and placed her in Water...
I Watched her!
And within minutes...
this is how she really Bloomed!
The flower in me
Sees the flower in you
Together let's Bloom!
Photo captured in Vancouver, BC - "Take Care of Tulip" by Rose Cortez
Rose Cortez is sharing her creative process through poetry, photos, nature walks, theatre, collaborations, yoga, movements, voice, young artists, master artists, everyday teachers, life encounters, philosophy, cats, dogs, chickens, and everything else in between. She is an observer of life, creative collective collaborator of body and soul movements and expressions.